This is the typical process of getting your wedding dress altered:
- Book your initial appointment with your wedding dress alterations specialist as soon as possible. At this initial contact, ask her for any advice on potential alterations can be done before you place your order with the seller. Remember to let her know the approximate time frame of the dress arrival so that she can schedule you in for your most suitable fitting date.
- Bring your dress and shoes to your initial fitting session.
- Have your initial dress fitting and pinning done.
- Tell your alterations specialist about the changes you wish to be made on your wedding dress.
- Remember to tell your alterations specialist if you are in the process of loosing or gaining weight.
- Be opened and listen to the valuable advice your alterations specialist give you. This may be your first time dealing with a wedding dress, but this may be the one thousandth time this year for your alterations specialist.
- Allow plenty of time especially if there are many fine details and beadings on your dress. Your alterations specialist will advice you if more time is needed. Remember quality work takes time.
- Be on time to your dress fitting sessions to avoid rushing or time clashing with other brides. You do what your alterations specialist’s full attention, don’t you?
- Always bring your wedding shoes to each fitting session. Without the right shoes, measurements cannot be correctly taken for services such as dress shortening.
- You must try on the dress when you pick it up at your alterations specialist. If for some particular reasons you couldn’t try on the dress at pick up, you must then try it on at your earliest available time. It is your responsibility to contact your alterations specialist before your service guarantee period expires, typically within 14 days from the day you receive the altered dress.