If you value your wedding and your wedding dress, it is wise to do your own due diligence before deciding which seamstress or alteration shop for your wedding dress.
How fit is your dress on your body will depend on two critical factors:
- The sewing knowledge and pinning skill of the stylist; and
- The bridal experience, sewing skills and reputations of your chosen seamstress.
You can find out the above about a seamstress or alteration shop simply by following the below 6 steps:
- Research online by typing the business name on search engine like Google;
- Visit its website and social media platforms;
- Read its blog;
- Watch its YouTube channel;
- Read its online reviews; and
- Email and call the business.